Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Eureka! I have found it!

What is it?
The Kelly Moore camera bag. (http://kellymoorebag.com/) I have been scouring the Internet for weeks looking for the perfect camera bag, and I have finally found it. You would think this would be easy....I assure you it is not. Yes, there are designer camera bags out there, but I'd prefer not to carry something that has cheesy zebra print or looks like a Halliburton case with Ikea fabric on it. Am I too picky? Yes.
I was specifically looking for a camera bag that looks like a handbag. I’m a photography student and the number one thing my professors tell me is that if I’m going to be a serious photographer, then I need to carry my camera at all times. That’s great, sound good. Except I work a corporate job during the day, meaning I can’t carry a backpack around, and carrying two bags is out of the question. A fumbling photographer can be a dangerous and expensive thing.
Enter the Kelly Moore Bag. It’s sleek, stylish, and simple. The exterior is quality leather in colors that are both in style and will go with most of your wardrobe. (My fave is a jewel tone purple see above). There are plenty of pockets on the outside to hold keys, phones, and small camera accessories, but not so many that you waste time trying to find which pocket you left your lip gloss in. The strap is adjustable, so the bag can be over the shoulder, or across the body. The interior is padded and has configurable Velcro inserts so you can customize the space. Just need to carry your camera? No problem. Going on vacation to fashionable Paris and need to carry a few lenses plus a flash? Pas de problème. And, the bag snaps shut to keep away prying eyes. The bags will be available sometime in January and cost $250. Which might seem a little steep, but like I said it’s a leather purse and a camera bag so I think it’s well worth the investment. The search is over, now I can relax and start saving my dollars. Whew. UPDATE: Because I wrote this review ms. Kelly Moore is giving $50 off the price to my blog readers if you pre-order before Christmas. If you want the code, comment below.

No comments: