Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Scarf for Mom

It was supposed to be for her birthday last year....then it turned into a fall surprise...then finally a Christmas present. I consider myself a fairly fast knitter, but this scarf took foreeeeever. 


I chose a wave cable because it reminded me of my mom's hair when she got married. Loooong, wavy, and gorgeous. The cable itself is one of the easier ones, you alternate directions every 6 rows. This also cable doesn't numb your mind with too much counting and you shouldn't need markers.

Mom loved her scarf. I used a lama silk yarn so she would be nice and warm but not itchy. (very important.) Unfortunately, Indiana has been having one of the warmest winters on record thanks to the La Nina weather pattern. I don't think she's gotten to use it much. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Beautiful! I love the wave cable, it looks so...wavy. :)

Cindy said...

Yes, I did love it! Too bad we had such a mild winter so I could wear it even more! lol